View Single Post
Old 20th June 2021, 13:14   #35
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
There is no way anyone or any govt authority is going to tell the general public
that they are not allowed to sell a legitimately and legally obtained item that is not contraband.
If ebay chooses not to let listings of anything secondhand , so be it but it will be to their detriment and i really cant see how any enforcement could made.
Why would this not then transgress into selling anything secondhand ?
The point is: nobody needs to make a point (and thereby create a 'moote' point). It's done a different way, by the back door of you like.

There is a wider aspect to decisions of this nature. When commercial enterprise is threatened with a business retaliation by phoney environmentalism, and advertising revenue is threatened, they cave. You only need to NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- a nerve to enrage the so-called environmentalist legions into excitable manufactured rage to enliven a kind of idiot.

Note: in retaliation to the removal of a word perfectly established in our language and in general polite use regarding what happens when you pluck a nettle leaf, the so -called 'swear filter' is crude, rude, and entirely unnecesary. I do not swear, ever. .
There is plenty of it about, consider Race, sexuality, gender, BLM and so on ad infinitum. So companies dependant on advertising and clickability fall into line. It starts a trend and is soon followed by the lobotomised.

Blame, again, social media for attracting the partiality that wouldn't get any cred anywhere else but the echo chamber they inhabit by default.

Last edited by wraymond; 20th June 2021 at 13:24..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote