View Single Post
Old 18th February 2013, 19:50   #14
BudeCarpets

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crofts View Post
Agree there. Don't think I have seen a power steering pump failure reported on 2 forums in about 8 years.
Re the gasket. If one half of the pump is removable it is easy to make a new gasket from different oil resistant papers using a small ball and peen hammer.
Used to do it frequently years ago and still have a few pieces of different thickness materials in my w/shop
By the way. Was born in Tonbridge and only left at 18 to go to Africa for 30 years
Garage today confirmed gasket gone in power steering pump and they have asked if i want a new priced up. i've suggested the replacing the gasket but as always they say that's not been done for years, easier and cheaper to replace and throw old away. so awaiting to see whether a new one is able to be located and fitted tomorrow as i need car for Wednesday. Taking van to a funeral tomorrow not best transport but good for business

Although at least they haven't said thye have to remove everything they did actually just remove top covers to see fault. some money saving there

Last edited by Dragrad; 9th November 2013 at 00:01.. Reason: consecutive posts
BudeCarpets is offline   Reply With Quote