Thread: Reluctant sales
View Single Post
Old 15th August 2019, 11:13   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Well my Contemporary was a reluctant sale - cracking car, but I had to let it go to be able to take on my brother's ZT. I knew I wanted to spend serious money on that and couldn't look after both that way on my wages. Money or lack of is probably most cases. Or ill health?
Dawn - yours is an exceptional case and one that everyone who knows you or of you would understand/appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
unemployment, space, financial constraints, moving house all reasons why a sale could be reluctant. They don't want to sell but have/need to.

I'm not convinced that not doing something is reluctant. Perhaps I'll get corrected but I think you still do something even though you are reluctant to do it.

macafee2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertone View Post
'Reluctant' for me is the position I am in right now. I love my car it's everything I want from a motor and it's my hobby. But my wife now finds getting in and out more difficult so ideally need something with higher seats.

............!
I would guess that such circumstances probably account for no more than a few percent of "reluctant" car sale offers, not the 30+ percent described as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedy View Post
I've just "reluctantly" paid half the Zeds perceived value for a few parts

C
Surely, you did it willingly rather than reluctantly?

in the majority of cases the "sale offers" are probably nothing more than the result of decisions based on financial or other considerations and the "reluctance" bit is just dressing that up to make the car appear in some way more attractive. Which I don't think works and may in fact be counterproductive.

"I am offering for sale my likely money pit as I do not wish to end up in that situation and would prefer to pass the problem onto someone else" would be more accurate in some cases.

PS - I am also never convinced by "open to offers, but I don't need to sell the car so will not be giving it away". In which case, why offer it al all?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote