Old 19th November 2019, 18:53   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Watching dash cam footage on youtube I find sometimes quite interesting

It amazes me people see and record accidents but don't stop.
Turn into minor roads and hoot people that cross the road. I always thought it was give way to pedestrians crossing the road in these circumstance, aggh yes rule 170 of highway code.

go to 8 mins 51 seconds on this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO6PUTThpEw

In the above link the driver with the dash cam decides to go the wrong way round a roundabout. It is a mini round about and he turns right. He hoots the on coming car that does not stop at the mini roundabout and goes straight on. Well, if the dash cam driver had slowed down and gone around the roundabout, the oncoming car may have been well on its way before the dash cam got to that entrance.

I find some of the footage quite amazing and think sometimes, the other driver deserved to have been rammed.

macafee2
I watch quite a few of them, and have seen a trend coming forth where a lot of cam drivers quite clearly are in the wrong. Racing through a mini roundabout believing they are in the right, even though if it was paused, it can be seen the car to the left had already entered the roundabout before the cam driver accelerated through it lol. THIS channel has quite a lot of examples like it.

In the instance you mention, the car coming from the opposite side, was 'miles' off the roundabout when the cam car entered it, and whilst they were wrong, they would have cleared it had the cam car correctly negotiated the roundabout. In my eye, it would have been a 50/50 as the cam car cut the roundabout, but the opposing car did not stop. If the cam car had have proceeded correctly, the cam car would have been absolved in any incident.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote