View Single Post
Old 17th April 2021, 11:12   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
It depends where the septic tank discharges to if its to a soakaway field then the General Binding Regulstion 2020 as they are properly called, dont apply.

They only apply to tanks which go direct to a dry ditch or watercourse.

However if you replace the septic tank with a packaged treatement plant this can discharge directly to a watercourse , but not a dry ditch.

A septic tank is a multi chamber structure were waste water enters the first chamber settles and then flows to the second and third chambers before discharging. The settled solids in each chamber encourage the growth of microorganisms which "eat' the poo and clean up the water before it discharges. Never flush chemicals into one or fully empty it as the bugs are needed for it to operate.

A packaged treatement plant comes in many formats , but basically is a powered unit that uses aeration to clean the waste water before it discharges.

A septic tank is a holding tank for the waste water, has no outlet and needs regular emptying .

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

can you re check what you wrote as I am confused?
"A septic tank is a multi chamber structure were waste water enters the first chamber settles and then flows to the second .......")
but then you say
"A septic tank is a holding tank for the waste water, has no outlet and needs regular emptying "

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote