View Single Post
Old 16th June 2021, 12:12   #11
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Thanks for the replies folks, shame to hear that some of you have also had issues.

Simon (sd1too). I have ordered parts lately that were advertised as genuine mg rover parts, paid a higher price for the said parts. They Arrived in the little bags with the mg rover stickers stated made in china or made in Austria etc which still states the x-part website on the bottom of the label. The issue is, if the supplier I purchased the item from is sourcing supposed "genuine" items from x-part and x-part are obtaining parts made by a non original mg rover manufacturer or at the very least.. made to the same quality standards and materials to the same tolerances then despite it coming from x-part how can it be deemed a "genuine" item? Not sure where the sense of paying more for a supposed genuine mg rover item that arrives with the correct labelling with the x-part website printed etc only to find the item itself within the bag or box isn't the same in terms of quality. Would it be wise to pay the lower price that is advertised as a non original mg rover item but is the equivalent to ? Or should one simply pay the inflated price and believe it is genuine despite having doubts and hope the parts last?

Sorry if this reads as a rant, it's not all. I'm simply thinking of the best solution to ordering parts. Could I simply be over thinking things?

biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote