View Single Post
Old 16th June 2021, 15:17   #17
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

I'm glad that my earlier post was taken this way 🙂.

Thanks for clearing this up Simon, much appreciated.

I guess if mgr was making changes to the cars and deleting items (project drive). I guess it would also make sense for mgr to source possible manufacturers that can produce sub assemblies cheaper than it would cost here in the u.k. makes financial sense to me (even more so considering that mgr was looking towards Chinese companies to bank roll the mgr company). Which could have allowed further assemblies if not complete vehicles to be built in China had a deal been done and mgr been saved (who knows what could have happened I guess).

Back on track though, if mgr changed parts supplies to that of other countries for financial reasons whatever, if the same suppliers are supplying x-part etc then yeah I can see how that could be seen as genuine in that sense.

I'm just hoping future parts purchase will be okay, as a daily car and a young family saving for our first house I have to be sensible. I really like the car and if the parts weren't a concern is be buying more mg rover cars , already seen an mg zs but the wife says "not yet".

Rob
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote