View Single Post
Old 17th May 2022, 12:49   #26
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauldee View Post
The garage have diagnosed that the in-tank fuel pump is at fault. Due to my situation at the moment I have to make the decision, whether to have the repairs carried out or let her go.

I have been considering what I would do with my Rover as I do not really need her anymore. We, my wife and I, are moving to France soon and repairs there would be difficult at best. Also I have sold my house in England so I would have nowhere to store her while the conveyancing goes through. I really do not have the time to organise or advertise her therefore she will be going to the vehicle breakers at the end of the week. Shame as she only has 85000 on the clock, no rust, recent tyres and MOT to Feb 23. She did have a little bang at the back (all repaired), before I bought her and was a salvage car.

We have recently bought a motorhome and should be picking it up in the next few weeks also, it seems, that the Citroen Belingo is the most popular car used in France therefore we will probably get one of those.

I do have a Vauxhall Agila (yes I know) that has been handed down through the family which we are using at the moment to get around.

So there we go, sad but that's the only way I can go forward as I do not need the worry of any future breakdowns.

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions over the weeks and I wish you all well.
Thanks Paul for your final post.----Did you scrap the car ??

Roughly where in France are you going to ??----Are you going to buy a house ??

I've been here for 20 years full time now and part time for the ten years before that.--I'm near Thouars. 79.

Wish you luck.

Colvert.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote