View Single Post
Old 5th May 2019, 18:33   #3
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Exclamation

I got a bit of a “wake up call” last year and approaching 70 I thought, what would the missus do if anything happened to me.

Thankfully everything turned out to be ok but i decided then to run something more modern and a bit special.

I used to say if I was replacing the Vitesse it would be a Stag, so there’s a clue.

I have to admit I had a lump in my throat when the Vitesse was trailered away but it’s gone to a good home down in the Malvern Hills.

I’m surprised my Wedgewood hasn’t sold, it seems I might have to give it away but for the moment although on SORN it is serving a purpose but at the end of the day it has to go.

The last one to go will be my Vanden Plas Princess 1300 but I’ve still got some mechanical work to do before it’s ready for sale. It’s a very late built model and has a good low number plate 15N and has only done around 37k from new in 1974.
My latest “toy” is a 2004 model and turned to 8,000 miles on the way home earlier this week. At its’ first service in May 2005 it had covered 6,114 miles. I’ve got the full Main Dealer service history for every year of its life and even all the tax discs so it was “on the road” but with very little mileage each year.

I’ll keep you in suspense for now.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote