View Single Post
Old 29th April 2021, 06:59   #86
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

The shared loop electric supply in these old houses is turning into a right malarkey!

My mate in the next street who has the same style house/shared electric supply loop as me whose neighbour had his old bakerlite fuseboard catch fire has been told by the DNO that they've made the three houses supply safe but cant do an individual supply for them as the other neighbour on the loop is refusing the DNO entry to his house, All three in the loop have to done or none.
The only way he could get an individual 100A supply would be if he bought a BEV then they would have to do it as the current 60A supply is not enough.

Yesterday a chap from across the back came over as he saw my garage door open & the MG charging. Same electric loop supply set up as me and was asking about how we went about getting a 100A supply, The company he works for are changing all their fleet of car/van over to BEV's and the company is paying for 7KW charger to be installed at all employees homes but he's got the same problem I had with only a 60A supply & the electrician has told him to get in touch with the DNO to get a 100A supply sorted out before he can do any work there.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote