View Single Post
Old 17th June 2015, 17:48   #10
aguy
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 V6

So I used the DAS6 polisher for the first time today. Started at 8-30am with a wash and clay mitt and polished 'till 4-30 pm.

Now I've had a bus pass longer than I care to remember so yes, an 8 hr day is a big deal to me.

Firstly I have to say the DAS6 'starter' at just 500w is perfect for me. I do suffer with arthritis and I found my previous "pro" model a bit too strong. Spreading the polish on '1' and polishing to a max of between '4' and '6' and the vibrations were minimal. Secret being to hold the machine lightly and let the head do the work with minimal pressure when needed.

I was so keen to get started I didn't take 'before pics' but there were plenty of swirl marks, some deeper scratches and a large scuff on the front bumper that most 75/ZT owners will know about only too well.

After a small trial I decided on the combo of a Menzerna yellow finishing pad with Menz PF 3800. I was surprised at the amount of correction I got really . It handled swirl marks very well and minor shallow scuffs but some of the deeper scratches are still visible. ( I know where they are)

The larger front bumper scuff I mentioned, this combo wouldn't touch it so I went for the Menz white cutting pad with the PF3800 and it breezed through it. Just a couple of really deep scratches but nothing visible really.

I managed to get all the car 'done' but have to admit to maybe rushing the last bit (door bottoms) still they came up okay without marring. My arms and knees wouldn't take anymore.

I sealed the finish with Auto Finesse Tripple 3 which I'd forgotten I had. It's quite good stuff for anyone who hasn't used it being a Polish, Glaze and Wax. Downside is the bottles 'girly pink'. It's to be applied by hand but I used the DA and the Mens black waffle pad. Well I did want to try out all my new items.

Tomorrow I will give it a coat of Collinite 476S. I may apply AG SRP first, I'm still pondering that. Will it just take off my pink stuff or will it add to it??

For now I've just taken a photo of how the car looks now that the White gold is bright and not covered by a 'film' as it seemed to be before.It's a bit cloudy an we've just had a shower so not the best.

Harry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rover DAS6 003.jpg (131.6 KB, 50 views)
aguy is offline   Reply With Quote