View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2019, 14:52   #18
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

In the general scheme of things there might not be much point, there is only one thing that is certain and it ain't taxes. But there are other things...

The Meaning of Life?
Different things, not only for different people but for the same people on different days. Sometimes it can be Mixed.

For instance; my new acquisition in January of a 75 came with the assurance that ‘the belts’ had been done.
After much searching I could not find an invoice for it in the huge detail pack and the thoughts turned, well not exactly black but possibly - cloudy. My optimistic definition of Life’s meaning suffered a setback.

One email later, yesterday, to the previous owner, and I had the name of the garage that had done it. I now have the duplicate invoice and my expectations are restored thanks to the patient generosity of that gentleman.

Added to that, I now know I have at least 4 years to go before the 6 year interval is reached. And this is the Mixed bit.

As both my parents left for pastures new before they reached 82 it seems I can reasonably expect not to have to renew those belts again.
Ah well, I’m confident every day will be a bonus. My definition is restored.