View Single Post
Old 19th June 2022, 14:18   #102
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

No offence intended, but the naivety seems unending. The current cost to the public of EV’s is massively subsidised by HMGOV, that’s you and me incidentally, by way of misappropriated taxes in the form of grants for research/development/production in order to supplant conventional forms of transport.

Even with such existing subsidies they render acquisition out of the question for so many. All of this is on overly pessimistic assessments of impending doom. Especially when you realise that our national percentage of the alleged Demon carbon emissions is about 1% of the global figure.

I read this week that those ‘grants’ for EV production and development are to be phased out soon. I wonder what the price of a new generation of EV’s will be, just when new liquid fuel cars are no longer available or produced.

So, when faced with millions of unused classic cars and the no-longer produced new ones together with the unavailability of fuel for them, how will the move to EV’s possibly be maintained? No more petrol/diesel pumps?

I’m truly amazed at the inglorious stampede into a truly massive hike in the costs of pleasure motoring. Lambs to the... well, the nose on our collective face is obvious enough.