View Single Post
Old 17th August 2019, 20:19   #36
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Job View Post
This IS definitely on my list of things to get done. But not right away.
I've gone for this ZT as me and my good lady are planning on getting a caravan, and I've heard very good things on towing capability with the BMW Diesel engine.
Plus I'm Rover through and through! More on that bit later.

Tell me about the 160 bhp remap please?

Who is the best person / place to get it done at ?
I have a CDT and a CDTi. The CDT has been remapped because I tow, the CDTi has not because it is a back up but if it were my main car then that would indeed be remapped.
You wont win any races even at 160bhp but with the caravan you will climb hills easier, less change down gear changes. Depending on how you drive solo, you may not even notice the extra bhp. With the caravan on the back it is more noticeable that acceleration is a bit quicker and it makes blending in with other traffic much easier. It is a less strenuous drive.
I'm not convinced a CDTi solo needs a remap but towing a caravan its beneficial.

Insurance on a remapped CDTi is easier the a remapped CDT as the % increase in hp is less but you should tell the insurance company.

There are traders here that will do your remap and these are the best people to do it.

if you need a tow bar, https://www.pctautomotive.com/ look for a thread lsm ( I think its that one) in the technical section. It has something about towing electrics and monitoring the trailer lights

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 17th August 2019 at 20:25..
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote