View Single Post
Old 6th March 2013, 23:06   #16
savi18
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur, Range Rover Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat hanley View Post
Get a Haynes Manual and study it carefully.I did mine without the Tools and previously had never done Belts on any engine.There's a lot of dismantling,so go slowly and be methodical.As Kaiser said,when the engine is set in Safe Position and locked there's really nothing to go wrong.If you do it by the Haynes method only remove the 2 outermost bolts from the A/C compressor and loosen off the 3rd bolt.This allows the plate to be removed and keeps the Pump in position.I made the mistake of removing the 3 bolts and had an awful struggle to get the A/C pump lined up properly.I got a quote from an ex Rover Garage of Euro1430 to change Belts and Thermostat housing.I did it myself in a day for Euro196.
I never used the Haynes manual at all Pat (did not have one at the time) the air con unit i never touched or loosened on both of the Rovers, being a Mechanic for over 35 years working on different vehicles helped a great deal with the experience, doing two cambelt changes on these Rovers i can mybe do them in 5 to 6 hours with the short cuts i used, but not for the faint hearted though. Cheers Derek.
savi18 is offline   Reply With Quote