View Single Post
Old 5th March 2019, 09:04   #8
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

IMO you chaps miss one important fact - we like cars that the public did not want to buy and the majority here only buy because of banger territory prices. Our views are are now irrelevant in relation to car design and purchase.

The modern car is designed for the ripped jeans generation. The generation that thinks the Nissan Puke and the Quashkai look cool.

Jaguar's sales have increased by a factor of nearly four in the last 10 years since they lost their "traditional jaguar" image.

Brian - check out some of the reviews on the I-Pace. The 0-60 acceleration has been tested as 0.2 slower than an AMG C63. I think that speaks volumes for the car's performance.

The term "eurobox" makes me laugh. I constantly drool over CLS63, SLK and XF-Sportbrake "euroboxes".

PS my ripped jeans cost £6 form ASDA and are in that state because of almost daily gardening jobs and age. They are worn through necessity but with a degree of embarrassed. Youngsters that I see on a daily basis spend between 6 and 10 times that amount buying broadly similar looking jeans and wear them with pride.

Last edited by MSS; 5th March 2019 at 09:13..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote