View Single Post
Old 5th March 2019, 09:08   #9
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

It’s good to read threads like this. Having decided not to buy brand new cars anymore I have to get information from today’s buyers as it’s those cars that I will buy a few years from now. Finally MG seem to be making an appealing range of cars that people want. If they get really good at it and sell more units they may even produce a TF successor? Depends on how they want to develop the brand and if they want to go into a niche market. They were producing the MG6 at a time when the big manufacturers were dropping their saloon development plans. Even Ford are to drop the Mondeo soon. Local Ford dealer in Gloucester had a very smart Mondeo Vignale sat on its forecourt for over a year. Couldn’t sell it. At around 30k, buyers were going to look at BMW and Mercedes instead which is simply badge snobbery.
MG it seems are creating a new MG brand that is untarnished, new and fresh making a convertible more likely as it will attract buyers much younger than the rest of us! I’m interested to see how they are doing in 10 years time.