View Single Post
Old 8th August 2021, 09:40   #12919
dazzle07

Rover 75 Saloon

Default A Big Thank You (and an update on my Rover 75 Connoisseur)

A year ago I bought my dream car, a Mark 1 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT. Sadly, as with most R75s driven by non-enthusiasts, she had not been looked after- and for almost two years, had sat in a shed, doing just 23 miles in that time. Even so, she was the best drive I have had- and I have driven some so-called top luxury cars in my time.

Thanks to the help, advice and hard work of Big Russ and Tom Hobbs, Rosie (as my car was named by my partner) is now an even better drive, and is starting to look more like she should too.

Since the restrictions, she's also started to be driven as she should- on those long city to city or region to region drives that a Rover 75 must have to continue to run smoothly. Today we will be going to Nottingham to see Bruce Dickinson (of iron Maiden fame), next week to North Wales to see family and the weekend after to Bristol to see my daughter.

Still to do:
  • There are some exposed rust spots around the boot badge and lock- I am assuming the previous owner was none too careful with his keys and pierced the paintwork.
  • There are some rust spots on the interior framework (eg the seat mount)
  • A fuel sensor has an intermittent fault
  • Badges need replacing or restoring. I have bought a colour restorer, and will be using that next week. If that fails, replacement.
  • The paintwork on the bonnet has a burn mark the size of a 50p
  • The windscreen metal rim has bent off from the seal. It is proving difficult to reset!
  • My key fob needs repairing- it locks but doesn't open.

And that's it.

Thanks to everyone in this Forum for all the helpful posts, responses and general support.
dazzle07 is offline   Reply With Quote