View Single Post
Old 8th February 2017, 12:42   #6
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

I worked for 2 weeks (work experience) at a Rover dealer Service centre circa 1993 - changing plugs, filters etc..

I can't say i witnessed any dodgy workmanship or questionable practises - however, for the full 2 weeks i got to listen to the mechanics complain about their wages, workload, the guys out front in the dealership, the bosses and most every job that came in seemed to provoke an outburst of some kind not the best environment for healthy diagnosis/repair work to be carried out

i'm glad i don't own a new car - as i would not feel comfortable leaving the car with a dealer for servicing/repairs.

and i'd prefer to use a smaller "Backstreet" Garage Over a National Service Centre chain for any work i'm not doing myself
when i had my cat replaced - by Cossie Dunc - the sensor seized in the old one, Duncan had a spare and fitted that with the new cat at no extra cost

Dealer Service Centres charging for work that hasn't been done = "They All Do That"

r.e the k-series (i like this topic )

the belief that "They All Do That" in my opinion compounded all Rover k-series faults - as it ended the diagnosis process - why look for a fault if you "Know" it's the Head Gasket - simply replace the Gasket - and, if the fault reoccurs simply claim that it's a flawed design and resign yourself to the belief "They All Do That"

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote