View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2020, 14:59   #12
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellum View Post
A while back I was getting ready to leave for work. Wallet, phone, cash in pocket . . . car keys?? Had them a minute before, where had I put them??
Started looking around the flat. Stranger and stranger, no sign anywhere. Wandered into the bathroom just in case I'd left them there.
There was a medicine cabinet with a mirror front about the wash-basin. Looking back at me is my reflection, with car keys dangling by their leather fob between my teeth.

Don't tell anyone, OK?
You have reminded me of when I was around 11 or12 and my mother had sent me down the road to get something or other from the Co-op. She had given me a ten shilling note, and stressed that I should not let it out of my hands. Went down to the Co-op, got whatever it was, cannot remember what, and then could not find the ten bob note. The woman behind the counter was laughing her head off as I got more and more agitated looking for it. She was laughing because I kept changing the note from one hand to the other as I looked in my pockets for the money.Laughing now but I was bricking it back then. I could see a good cuff round the back of the head by the male of the house when he came home. See, I told you it was when I was ‘old’ but told you a fib. I have always been like it.