View Single Post
Old 20th June 2022, 15:00   #95
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueofthedevil View Post
*The Leave side have already been promising how fantastic independence will be and blaming Brussels for all the problems, past, present and future affecting Britain and rEurope. They are playing the media card a treat and there's nothing anyone can do to stop them.

For those on faceache I suggest having a read of the Leave side's page, some of the comments are concerning.

= guess what, it's a remarkably similar situation!
Please excuse the snip, the rest of the post was effectively a proxy anti B... rant and there have been enough of those over the last six years! Some will never accept the 'voice of the people' yet still profess to know better.
You presume quite wrongly! My posts of that time are still available on here!

Anyway, the EU collectively and in accordance with their rules voted en masse and did everything they possibly could, by a variety of dodgy means, to sink that particular ship with all hands!

That was possibly the biggest referendum there has ever been considering the numbers involved, together with the EU's visceral hatred on show. Not for the people in the UK, rather the brass neck of the UK trying to determine its own future - arrived at by yet another referendum that was decisive. To quote the EU as a comparator and to sneer at earlier events is neither relevant nor helpful!
[/QUOTE]

Wraymond...if you feel that all members of one union should vote in this referendum on separation, how could you not have wanted the same in another separation referendum? And if you think the EU made it awkward for Britain to leave, do you think London will be all sweetness and light if and when the Scottish 'divorce settlement' is being negotiated?!

For the record, I really don't give two hoots about the EU either way. For my family, and in my line of work, Britain's relationship with the EU makes very little difference. I did vote Remain, because the promised benefits of leaving were obviously either grossly inflated or entirely fictitious, but you wouldn't have found me crying afterwards or calling for another vote - like mbev, I prefer to look forward not back. That said, the nonsense spouted by both sides in the run-up to the Brexit referendum, and the ongoing wrangling six years after the vote, are a perfect example of what can we expect if and when Scotland holds another vote to leave the UK - which is why it is an entirely relevant and helpful comparison. Are you seriously claiming otherwise?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I don't know what you mean by proxy anti B vote?
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote