View Single Post
Old 9th September 2021, 13:15   #37
tonybel
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190 SE

Exclamation

I have just done this job, or more to the point my local Rover dealer has (leeses of Baralson, still have a rover trained mechanic and all the gear) as I just do not have a pit or hoist to work on suspension and other under the car parts, my drive is on a slope. It cost £1,236.00 plus 2 lower arms that I had alread bought from DMRS. Yes the bolts were rusted solid and dispite every effort did disapear inside the housing which then needed replacing. Also replaced were rear springs as when they dismantled one was found to be broken, then while it was there a re-gas of aircon and an MOT. There may, like my car, be more to do than you first thought. as I origially estimated £600, but I was wrong! Nothing wrong with Leeses bil by the way, they probably undercharged as it took them at least two days labour to get it all done plus another week waiting for parts. Just a heads up. your car is 20 years old, and you are replacing heavily corroded parts... its not going to be a simple unbolt and replace job, other parts will be on the way out as well.