View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2021, 13:03   #14
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 View Post
Hi to you all, this is neither a rant or criticism but pure fun and it certainly makes me giggle from time to time.
So I have had the pleasure of owning MG and Rover products over a number of years, and was blessed with some superb vehicles with technology beyond the time of their concept which still works and in many ways featured in more modern cars, but in todays demands they seem to be old fashioned. Over complicated systems have emerged into production and harness the user of such systems as totally incompetent. We have many examples of (I cannot drive systems) for example electronic parking brake, brake system hold, driver assist, cars that park themselves, keyless systems - the list seems endless.
But in the news, we discover a whole new concept that changes everything basic, into a complex nightmare. Now this made me laugh so much :
So you no longer need a key to use your Tesla car. Great ! However the lazyness has caused significant impact to the fashion of trying to be a "Flash Harrry" in your state of the art motor. So the app failed hundreds of users causing issues beyond our normal imagination. So for me, I get my KEY, unlock my front door, cross the threashold of the property, close the door and put this centurys old device into another device, turn it and the property becomes secure again. How satisfying it is ! For centuries we have managed to carry keys quite comfortably and confidently, they even offer the mind a level of security and confidence that we can access our property/equipment with ease and confidence, but his seems no good to the new aspiring EV owner, a key ? So funny the thought that a driver of a car with his Iphone that has failed as they are renoned to easily do both for old and new handsets, could indeed prevent the wheels from turning ! What is wrong with these people, why no key for your car ? Do they need an app to lock their house when they go to work ? All I can say is, I laghed so much when I saw the news article regarding these poor modern idiots left stranded with no access to their fab car !
To conclude this post, I wonder what chance these drivers would stand driving a proper non tecnical car, maybe a Lada Riva, series 2A Land Rover, both of whch are examples of robust reliable built to last vehicles (If looked after properly)
So - Just in case I have missed something out -
You need a charged up car to drive it, and a charged up mobile phone to get into it and drive it, mobile data to communicate and blutooth connections ETC to operate it and the app fails, then you need a taxi or public transport to get home to get your KEY, then return to the stranded advanced technological vehicle and manually interact with it to get into and maybe try driving it back home to put you key in the front door to unlock it again ?

WOW FANTASTIC, Wake up lazy people, old fashioned stuff still works ok !
All great fun, no doubt!, but wait until artificially intelligent machines start to appear and do the things that humans do, you know the every day things nothing advanced or complex!, how long do you thing it will take these AI machines to figure out that humans, that is to say, ALL humans, are in fact NO LONGER required, what do you thing is going to happen then, all kinds of games can be played out, and humanity goes the way of the dodo, a sort of typical flow diagram of events would be, man appears on earth, man treats everything on the planet with contempt, man thinks he is clever, man introduces technology he cannot control, technology takes over, man becomes extinct.

Last edited by grivas; 23rd November 2021 at 13:05.. Reason: spelling
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote