View Single Post
Old 25th February 2017, 19:58   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Jaguar XF problems ugh!

With a 30 year old Rover SD1 Vitesse and a 14 year old 75 Connoisseur sitting rust free and with fully working electric windows, think of this !

Just months out of the paint/corrosion warranty our XF developed a small area of blisters on the drivers door. Just under a year later blisters had appeared at exactly the same spot on the passengers front door.

The blisters, approx 20 of varying sizes take up an area of approx 18" x 8" on the centre of the door panel. My son reckoned this was due to paint contamination but after today I have other thoughts.

Last week the drivers window failed completely and I had to play around with it to get it to jam at the almost closed position.
Today I removed the door card and found that the Bowden cable mechanism had corroded right through so the entire mechanism complete with motor has to be replaced.
When I was inside the door I was shocked to see that there was rust spots all around and within the sound deadening pad stuck to the inside of the door.
The paint blisters coincide exactly in the same area so now I will have to remove the pads and see what lies beneath and what repairs can be done.

Not quite good enough Jaguar on a 45K mile 7 year old XF
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote