View Single Post
Old 4th September 2019, 10:58   #13
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

I have seen this reported on the local news channel and they included in this an earlier report interviewing the Chief Constable for the region. He said the police were absolutely against the smart motorway scheme because they said it would result in serious accidents and loss of life. But they still went ahead.

In addition to this having my own concerns I did a bit of reading up and what I found was even more shocking and that those making the decisions had considered this very possible scenario. They had come to the conclusions that there could be loss of life but the numbers expected would be acceptable when weighed up against the overall benefits. Who the F"£$ has the right to decide one life lost or one person suffering life changing injuries is acceptable so that we get to our destinations a few minutes quicker.

The highways Department are saying that there are fewer accidents since the smart motorways were introduced so making things safer and less congestion, and that they were constantly reviewing the situation. Its here to stay whatever we think and more will be built because they say its a success.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote