View Single Post
Old 12th September 2018, 09:08   #3
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek v View Post
If it wasn't for the fact i'm a night worker I would be there. I know one thing though. On a nano weekend the field gets packed with around 30+car on the field on a Saturday and over 25+ on a Sunday. But the trouble is the pub is not benefiting from the 75 club owners. They need people to support the Pub. Like breakfast and the odd few drinks over the weekend. But unfortunately this is not happening. Saturday breakfasts only had 11 people in and Sunday 5 of us turned up. How long do you think the managers of the pub will continue to let the nano have the field for free. Yvette and Kevin were not happy at all Sunday morning. use it or lose it is whats going to happen next
Sadly I'm inclined to agree with you Derek, I only had breakfast as I thought the numbers were a bit low, I don't normally have breakfast and, for me personally, i didn't particularly enjoy it, but that's just me. At the end of the day though, people make their own choice and the pub can also do what they wish about the field. What the answer is I don't know, is it right to charge £1 per car per day, that could be construed that it is against the Nano ethos, which is why the donation tin is left to the discretion of individuals.

No doubt the Nano crew will give it some thought and no doubt appreciate ideas.

Martyn