View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2013, 12:10   #239
Steve1966
Loves to post

2000 W Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Man Club (SE)

Default Another one? Diesel Auto LH Hydrabush

Apologies if this one has been mentioned before but there’s a lot of pages to check. I do not know for certain that this is true but I believe it to be so. When the Diesel Automatic was introduced early in the Longbridge era the LH hydrabush had stiffening brackets welded to it (for noise / vibration reasons) making it unique to this model. Due to the low volume this was an expensive addition. I’m sure these stiffeners were later deleted so that the Diesel Auto could use the V6 Man/Auto LH Hydrabush Assembly. Rimmers sort of confirms this. The part no. for the first Diesel Auto bush is KKU108221. This was later replaced in 2003 (VIN 273883) with the earlier Part No. KKU106483 (the V6 one). The detriment to the NVH (noise/vibration/harshness) will have been checked by my department and unless it was noticeable to ‘most’ customers would have been allowed. Not sure if you can see the stiffeners in car but should be able to. They are on top of the ‘gold’ coloured bracket and sit diagonally. (Listens for the pop of Diesel Auto bonnets across the land…..)

Steve.

Spyhole, Thermostat, IMG (x2), Front ARB Drop links (x3 pairs), Rear Damper, Coils/HT Leads, Heater Matrix, Unions, 13x tyres, Gearbox Oil, Full Service (x3), Water pump & belts, LH/RH lower arm & bushes, Front/Rear pads/Discs, Fr door finishers, Track Rods, Jule's intake tube, Clutch, Slave, DMF (ouch), 1 1/2 exhausts, front springs/top mounts, Jule's Fan upgrade/condenser, reverse gear switch, OSR upper arm, spring, and sill welding. 78,000miles (175,600m total).
Steve1966 is offline   Reply With Quote