View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2020, 17:07   #10842
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default procrastinating

I still have no idea how to get front hub pinch bolts undone (completely rounded/rusted/locked solid) and therefore replacement shocks will remain in their boxes. Instead, I thought I would fit a boot release button. Rather than ruin existing chrome/plastic boot handle thing by inserting a a button in it I bought a damaged item off ebay (all clips/pokey out things missing). To cut a long and painfully frustrating story short - all Rover parts, regardless of base material/metallurgy will meld into one if exposed to enough rain/salt (Scottish people beware). Replacing broken clips/pokey out bits with Gripfill squirty adhesive (TM) works up to a point BUT avoid using pound shop craft knives to trim off the excess unless you want to give your kitchen table that authentic 'dressing station at the Somme' look.
Everything now works, although I have lost a hiding place for 'new' and 'essential' Rover parts purchased off ebay during moments of weakness (Previously I could secrete stuff in the car boot as my wife hadn't worked out how it opened - I foolishly showed her the new button release)
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote