View Single Post
Old 22nd December 2020, 21:37   #22
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvester View Post
Well after much procrastination I eventually got round to tackling the job. So, got the car in the garage, bonnet up, battery disconnected and engine cover removed to make a bit more room.
I spent an hour trying to fathom how to get at the nut holding the cover on at 10 o'clock what with the dipstick tube in the way, but a bit of shoving and pushing... Next job finding the nut/bolt on the other side which is reputedly at 3 o'clock but thus far has proved elusive. I'm also unsure as to what I should do with the plug if that's what it is carrying the wiring. There's some sort of clip on top of it - it would make life a bit easier to see what's what if I could disconnect it but I don't want to make matters worse!
There's mention of a tutorial by a respondent to this topic but I have yet to find it - any clue. as to its whereabouts.
I'm reluctant to throw in the towel just yet especially as the alternative is to fork out £400 to my local garage.
I'm not going anywhere at Christmas and I don't suppose anyone will welcome me as a drop in - not here in tier 4 anyway so fixing this would be most welcome apart from the personal satisfaction of a successful repair.
Try this-------------------

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=199608
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote