View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 11:07   #1
AndrewJames
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default My wheel alignment recommendation for Scottish members

Hi all,

I'm not exactly sure how many other forum members are from North of the border but I just wanted to do a wee post as I know it's a pain trying to figure out where to go for things like alignments. I've just been at Redpath Tyres this morning. I am not affiliated with the company and it was only my first time there today...

I'd gone to National twice in recent months for an alignment and both times left unhappy. The car still pulling to the left and, after the last time, the steering wheel not even straight. Those guys also booked me in for a four wheel alignment and when I turned up they said they don't do them...

What a contrast today at Redpath. Very friendly guy had me drive onto the ramp. Full hunter and hawk eye setup. I had the pleasure of walking about under the car - much easier than lying on your back to see how things are! My alignment was well out of spec. I can't say I was surprised. I was surprised however to see him turning the bolts at the rear no problem. Only stumbling block was he needed different tools to access one of them as the access was tight and his ratchet and socket too fat. So for now, he's adjusted my front and booked me back in next weekend to do the full works. No charge today.

Makes a nice change to leave the garage happy! The car is already tracking better.

Disclaimer: like I said it was only my first time using them so this is a general recommendation at best
AndrewJames is offline   Reply With Quote