View Single Post
Old 14th April 2019, 11:25   #28
fontaine666
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. First a bit of philosophy ..

Many people say that but it makes no sense to me. What has the purchase price got to do with anything? What is relevant is can you repair it for a reasonable price which still leaves you with a high quality car which you enjoy driving and are proud to own. Bear in mind what you would have to pay to replace it with something comparable.

I've seen the video and heard the fan. However that could be the fast speed and doesn't prove that the slow speed is working. By the time the fast speed triggers at 112 degrees C, you're fighting a losing battle.
Once you've got the car towed or recovered back to your house I would still recommend that you check the slow speed by doing the demist test. You'll kick yourself if you find that all it is is a failed resistor.

I agree with Zedhed. Forget that garage. Fill up the coolant, jack up the front of the car, remove the engine undershield, start the engine and use the most powerful tool you possess: observation. You must be able to trace a coolant leak of the kind shown in your video.

Simon
Would a faulty resistor cause that coolant leak though?
fontaine666 is offline   Reply With Quote