View Single Post
Old 12th March 2020, 19:48   #10
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
MG John said:"Meantime, I will continue to enjoy my Petrol Turbo MGs and Rovers until such time as they send the big strong geezers in white coats after me...". Except it will be the be the big strong geezers in the dark blue uniforms and stab vests! For my part, I am looking forward to the day I can afford an EV that will get me from A to B without the inconvenience that the current technology and infrastructure apparently provide. I think you would have to recognise that whatever its causes, climate change is real, and at a rate that humanity is struggling to adapt to. While I am old enough to take the complacent attitude that it probably won't affect me that badly, the sooner we stop adding to the planet's atmospheric energy, the more chance we have of having the time to adapt to the ever more extreme weather events that will reduce our advanced technological world to submerged rubble, and leave our children spend their lives trying to cope with results of our generation consumption-driven and self-indulgent indulgent lives. No wonder a highly intelligent 16 year old is leading her non- compliant rebels to take actions that will hopefully shake the complacency of so many of us older folk. Are we going to carry on dancing on the deck of the Titanic because somebody said it was unsinkable? There may actually still be time to plug the leak, or close the bulkhead doors.
Lets get the big stick out and beat the living daylights out of ourselves. We are so selfish are we not. You really need to read or re-read MG Johns posted post. Just read it through without having any prejudice before hand. I am amazed that some people seem to hold the view that the end of the world is nigh, without any comprehension whatsoever of what it is all about.There are to many expurts about. I would like to have time to put everything I have researched myself , that the so called ‘expurts’ either fail to tell people, or have not researched the way I have. The , I am now going to use a very descriptive word, ‘crap’ that is being spouted by these people, including the poor young girl that is being used for ulterior motives by her family and the sick media. Just one more thing, if you remember, we were told by renown people, one I used to admire very much and still do if he sticks to his profession, that we had three years to do something about so called ‘global warming’. Well we have around 16 months to curb it or we will all be dead. Yea, ok.