View Single Post
Old 19th October 2018, 12:38   #10
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

I had to get the Professionals in for a wasps' nest recently - I was Building a storage Unit (ok a Shed ) for a local Hotel - while removing Timber from the existing container I was stung a few times on the Ear - not a Nice sound when a wasp is buzzing in your ear while stinging there were too many wasps and I didn't want to upset them any more and risk a Guest being swarmed. I've heard them chewing a wooden fence panel and was surprised to find it was a Wasp making such a loud noise too.

r.e K&N - I've recently stripped the top of my Engine (possible repairs still on the Cards) so i Have the K&N filter in the Shed - I'll maybe check later when it was fitted and take a photo showing current condition - I haven't cleaned it since fitting.

r.e Performance Benefits - I'm sure in the 1.8t and the Diesels(?) there should be No "Peak" Power benefits - as you won't get higher boost pressures than the ECBS or Wastegate allows

I'd be interested to see any difference in the Power Curve up to "Peak" (around 5500rpm on a K-series?) with a paper vs K&N filter. - you don't get higher Boost pressure, but if you reach peak Boost sooner would it affect a Dyno Graph read out ?

that's just out of curiosity tho I don't drive my Car on a Dyno - in the Real World I KNOW the Car responds Better with a K&N

and there are No concerns of clogged sensors - with a 1.8t at least

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote