View Single Post
Old 26th November 2020, 15:07   #3
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
Barometric pressure is the ambient air pressure. There is a sensor inside the diesel ECM that measures it.

Rail pressure is the HP pump fuel pressure measured by a sensor that sits on the end of the common rail - all the injectors are fed with fuel from the common rail.

Glow plug - common fault on just about every diesel Rover 75 - I'd be more surprised if you didn't see it. The glow plugs heat the air in the cylinders for starting in cold weather, but with the higher fuel injection pressures that common rail systems offer glow plugs aren't needed unless the temperature drops well below zero.

CAN message - the Controller Area Network is a high speed bus communication system that communicates information between some of the ECUs. The other main bus system is the K-Bus. The IPK can translate between the two.

If you are getting a CAN bus fault then it could be your ECM has gone for a swim at some point and needs repairing or replacing.

Just one thing Mike. I believe the injectors fire a mist of diesel directly onto the glowing tip of the glow plug thus making the fuel easier to ignite.--
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote