View Single Post
Old 12th November 2020, 08:48   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobson View Post
I certainly won’t be having this vaccine unless it is absolutely necessary to do so or it’s forced. My biggest concern is with the prospect of travelling, it’s taken no time at all for everyone to jump on it basically necessitating it going forward and it’s not even in circulation yet. I can see travel basically being banned for anyone who hasn’t had it, and how can that be right?
I’m not interested in any vaccines, especially with the severe side effects associated (the flu jab very nearly killed the mother in law) and I’m in an age category that’s almost certainly going to fight these sorts of things off. I take a risk every morning when I jump in the car and go to work, I’ll take my chances with cold, flu, COVID etc...
you ask "how can it be right for travel to be banned for those that do not have it" but I ask you, how can it be wrong?
If you are not infected and do not become infected that a travel restriction could seem harsh but what if you are infected and travel or become infected and travel, you could spread the virus, put others at risk and be a financial burden, is that fair of you?

You are free to choose if to be vaccinated or not, I should be free to travel without fear of being infected. Banning travel, reduces spread. If at day 1 no had travelled to outside of the originating country we would I suspect be in a whole different situation. I'm not blaming those that travelled so early on, they were not aware of what they were carrying but the world was slow to react, perhaps because they did not know the full ramifications of what they were dealing with.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote