View Single Post
Old 13th June 2014, 07:57   #1
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Default Feel Alienated With The Old Car Club I Rejoined

I have been a member of many car clubs over the years because I like to know more and meet people who had an interest in that marque.

But earlier this year I rejoined an Old Car Club and went on a run of 86 miles (Sunday 7th June 2014) finishing off at a Hotel for a 3 course meal, which was very nice.

Luckily I was following a member who knew the route as I was well out of my comfort zone and being on my own made it impossible to follow the written route.
I used nearly 4 gallons of fuel because many of the villages in the South Hams have a speed limit of 20mp.
Plus all the cyclists who decide to ride up a hill in the middle of a road and hold everyone up.
(I used to be a cyclist myself so always give them space)

Now I know my car isn't what can classed as a Classic Car due to the fact that it's only 10 years old but being told that I couldn't have my car in the photo lineup even though there was a BMW Z3 present kind of makes me feel why should I bother?

But it's the number of sly digs that I keep getting on the fact, 'your car is not old enough' and 'it's too modern'.
Thick skinned I am but this starting to get to me, it's really ticking me off.

I will talk to anyone and have never been afraid to introduce myself but having people turn their back on you is downright rude and bad manners in my book.

I have realised that the car I have bought needs quite a lot of TLC because of the issues it has and have been keeping on top of these, coolant level being the most important.
So I pay more attention to this car than I used to with my previous car which was a Honda Accord.

But saying that it does run well and there aren't that many 1.8T's around that I have seen, where I live.

I don't get out much and have no family alive anymore so I thought rejoining this Old Car Club would be a good thing, but it seems not!

Neil
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote