View Single Post
Old 13th June 2014, 11:31   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
I used to own a 1968 Austin Mini Traveller which had been in the Family for 32 years and I traveled miles going to shows but eventually I sold her.
Was a member of several Mini Clubs and Loads of Classic Car Clubs.

But my life changed and eventually I sold her, these days it's physically impossible for me to get into a Mini let alone get out of one....lol

I have enough issues getting in and out of the Rover but at least it's a lot bigger and I can do it.

I have noticed the trips here but I have a thing about driving on Motorways at the moment where it freaks me out.
I haven't driven on one for over 6 years, even dual carriageways make me jittery and I have no idea why.
A & B roads I'm fine.

I'm going to Powderham, unfortunately I'm booked in with the TOWC but I did used to like that show so won't let that put me off.
Plus I'm going to the show out at Chudleigh.

Will have a look around to see what else is available locally as I know there are plenty of shows or at least there used to be.
It is hard for others who are unaffected by seemingly irrational situations. I say seemingly irrational,because whilst I do appreciate your problem,I have to admit I cannot understand it,and am sure others are the same. I can't imagine not being able to drive where I could. So please forgive my suggestion if it offends, as I know some things are easier said than done. Have you tried driving on a motorway in the early hours of the morning,say 3am and perhaps at a weekend? To perhaps build a little confidence on the motorway,and allow you to drive at your own pace without others driving down your neck so to speak.

As for the op, I have often looked around various club sites,for different cars I have had,but never felt welcomed or supported with my car. This is the first site I have joined like this,let alone paid a membership for!

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote