View Single Post
Old 24th January 2019, 21:22   #9028
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Drove to Seaton Carew, had small fish n chips with cup of tea for £3.50

I then headed slightly north to Gary Nelson's place and obtained a brake master cylinder from a scrapper.

So after another cup of tea and a biscuit, I lobbed a couple of faulty FBH in the boot, and headed north once more to see Turbo Dave.

After a phone call to a despondent fellow ZT owner who was regaling me with his tale of woe about his car having been diagnosed with a faulty brake master cylinder, and wasn't going to be ready to pick up his daughter tomorrow, I arrived at Dave's workshop.

Then followed a brief phone call to Patrolman Pete, who's call I'd missed while on the phone to Graham, who was keen to return the easibleed kit I'd loaned to him last week.

So while I was waiting for him to travel the short hop from his house to Dave's workshop, I gave Dave a quick hand to bleed up the newly fitted brake master cylinder.

A good firm pedal was obtained, and a sigh of relief all around, so I hopped back in the car, and hotfooted it north once more to my parent's house.

Now that the candles were blown out on my Mam's birthday cake, and another cup of tea consumed, I loaded the dog in and headed for home, and after a brisk but chilly walk with the hound, I flashed up the test gear and repaired and tested a couple more FBH PCB.

All said and done, I can safely say, today has been a reasonable success.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote