View Single Post
Old 19th October 2021, 15:51   #26
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
It's a strange thing letting go (or pushing out of the door) a car you've enjoyed for years. Usually there's an issue that makes up your mind. It may be funds, health or pressure from a partner. For me it was simple, wife and I both struggled to get in and out of the car. We had a limited budget but felt it obscene to spend wads of cash when our children could benefit from any surplus funds we accumulated. So we got an Astra 1.6. I love driving it and an RAC patrolman told me "We never see them" so yes, cheap and reliable. I look back with affection, but don't regret the swap.
That was my struggle, making the decision to get rid of a car that was running fine and replace it with something else. I was talking to my Dad on the phone after I'd put a deposit on the XE, and said as much as it'd be sad, it would be a lot easier if I parked the car somewhere and someone stole it or wrote it off.

The ZT was lovely, but my experience of cars was limited to around 6 different models, a Citroen AX, Rover 25 and 400, Nissan Qashqai, Skoda Octavia, new MG ZS. The XE is a revelation in terms of smoothness and comfort, as well as being easy to keep at a steady speed, and is just a joy to drive. Don't think I'll be looking back
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote