View Single Post
Old 19th October 2021, 16:41   #28
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
Well, it's now been 2 weeks since I got the XE to replace the ZT, and it's already been back to the garage for some work! Luckily nothing major, just a sticky caliper, so they replaced it with a new one.

I still can't quite get used to the electric hand brake on hill starts, and I keep reaching to turn the non-existent ignition key to shut down the engine, instead of pressing the button, but overall its a lovely car to drive. A trip to York and back, 315 miles in total, saw me get 65mpg, best I ever got from the ZT was 49mpg. The £0 a year to tax is also a nice saving. It's not perfect, less practical as a family car, a little less legroom in the rear, the boot is smaller with more restricted access, and the seats don't fold down. But most of the time its just me in the car and its such a lovely smooth drive, but sporty when you want it to be! For me it's a perfect balance being a useable daily car like the ZT was, but with the speed/sporty feeling of my old Rover 25 GTi (and the colour looks similar to Tahiti blue).

A few photos on my quick getting used to it drive when I picked it up, ended up driving round for nearly 4 hours:

It looks nice actually, especially in the third picture down where it looks like a fastback. Not in the bottom picture though. It looks a bit generic in that one.

The Rovering Member is offline   Reply With Quote