View Single Post
Old 19th October 2021, 22:04   #30
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rovering Member View Post
Not in the bottom picture though. It looks a bit generic in that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
A modern Jaguar is as generic as a Mercedes or a BMW, if that is your definition of generic. Nothing else comes close in terms of style, dynamics and quality.
I have to say I do agree that the rear is a little disappointing, they did so well with the front end, and the sides, then you get to the back and it could be Fords finest mundano. Not helped by the lack of any visible tailpipes, something which I hope to address next year. But to be fair, I always thought that the ZT wasn't particularly nice from that angle either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I really don't think he will - he's bought a modern Jaguar!

Generally, I don't understand the emotional attachment that some of you feel for your old cars. My approach is that once you've moved on, never look back. I can guarantee that things were never quite as rosy as people imagine afterwards.
I can see both sides, I was very attached to my ZT, and thought it was great, handled great, had 'character', went well enough, was comfy, why would I need anything else?!

Then I test drove the XE an realised the ZT whilst nice, wasn't as nice as I'd convinced myself. And all the 'gimmicky' modern touches that I thought were pointless, are actually quite handy and make longer journeys more pleasurable.

Since I got the ZT I always missed my 25. So far its only 2 weeks with the XE but I'm not missing the ZT and now I find I'm missing the 25 less as well.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote