View Single Post
Old 9th January 2018, 19:19   #7
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
4 years ago, I suffered a poisonous spider bite to the balls in South Africa. The pain was excruciating, the balls swelled up and went black. I had to see the doctor every 2 days for dressings, pain relief, antibiotics and reviews as the poison was necrotizing. Basically there was a risk of one of balls dropping out of the testicular sac because the poison makes the skin rot and surgery would be needed. It was a living nightmare.

That went on for 3 months and it eventually cleared up until 2 years ago, when I got ball ache. The balls turned blue and my GP referred me to a surgeon in London. Like yourself Wes, I had a scan. In follow up I was told I had “varicose veins in the balls of moderate severity”. I was offered surgery, but this was postponed because of the bypass surgery I had in the leg. What was interesting and also was a relief, the bypass surgery cleared up the ball problem permanently.

I can empathise with you about testicular pain. It’s also something which is never easy to talk about on a public forum.
Spider! Blooming ek! Phil, that sounded painful.

Public forum I'm not shy, I'll talk about anything me...

I've just been doing some reading about varicose veins in the testes, seems to be called 'Varicocele' and I reckon this is what my problem is...

I've just taken a look... AGAIN! and Yes! I have two whopping dark veins right at the bottom hidden out of sight. I suppose the doc missed these last week... The more I read about Varicocele, the more I reckon this is the problem I am suffering from.

I cant wait till Thursday, It will be blooming fantastic to learn this is actually my problem. I've read they can perform a Varicocelectomy which is a one day surgery, if this is the case I'm there like a bat out of hell.

To be free of testicle pain after 10 years of suffering will be blooming fantastic.

I have everything crossed, expect my legs because it flipping hurts.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote