View Single Post
Old 13th March 2019, 14:07   #2
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
New rear upper arms for the suspension are now available and have been for some time.
There are a few retailers supplying them but how many manufacturers are there of these arms?

why do I ask, OEM £90 inc vat, genuine £119.99 inc vat.
Before anyone says cos genuine are more expensive I did raise a thread some weeks go about what is genuine.
My concern is that a well know distributor who distributed parts for Rover when Rover existed, is supplying parts to a retailer who is selling them as genuine because they come from the same distributor as before.

perhaps Traders have more of in idea on this.

macafee2
From what I was told by rimmers "Genuine" parts are decided if they are "Genuine" by XPART. Did you see the posts about the rear bearings? Chinese bearings put into MG Rover boxes then sold as genuine (The label was changed slightly so instead of Made in France it said Made in CN). They were the aftermarket part but reboxed. When I queried it their response what that they came straight from XPART so they don't check what is in the box. So it seems is XPART can't get hold of the proper parts they just rebox the aftermarket ones and hope people don't notice.

There is a significant difference in quality between the genuine rear bearings and aftermarket. For £10 difference it's definitely worth fitting genuine (if you get a genuine one!). If the originals have lasted 15 years or so it's worth gambling that extra £10.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote