Thread: Mileage reading
View Single Post
Old 19th March 2019, 11:04   #17
LittleMan

75 Saloon

Solved!
Over the past week I have followed the odometer and used a phone app to measure the mileage done exactly.
First of all, google maps seems that is chosing a certain path, on which when I zoom in it just routes me on a longer path just before getting home. While driving, it changes the route to the shorter one I know. Never knew that, because I’ve always thought that’s the correct length.
Than, because of “new” car, I was excited to spend a little bit more time with it, so I’ve parked at the beginning of the street I usually park on. Never realised that I actually walked almost 1km to work, and that street is that long! )
Basically there were about 2 something kilometers missing from my commute. Which made perfect sense for the lower recorded mileage.

All is good, odo and trip distances are recorded fine, the problem was only my hawk eye to observe little insignifiant details like this

Gas mileage on the other hand is on the thirsty side, using more fuel by almost 2l/100km than either a Legacy with EJ253 or a Toyota with 1JZ on the same commute.
LittleMan is offline   Reply With Quote