View Single Post
Old 19th March 2019, 19:48   #32
Clickernick
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Triumph Street Triple R

Well,, as George ownership of this fine beast was most likely down to me having a couple of them (we are close friends) I too was naturally shocked at the outcome of the crash.
Suffice to say George, being a young man (19) is fine apart from a fractured bone in hid right hand and some midrif bruising due to the seatbelt tensioner going off like a hellcat. His build quality matches the MG!
Many thanks to the designer of the airbags too as these obviously saved George any further injury.
They say “Pride comes before a Fall”,, and it seems this played out as George only got the car in November 2018 involving a 580 mile round trip to the north east. (Saltburn)
It was love at first sight but the car had been messed about with over the years and needed a lot of love and it certainly got this from George. Only in Feb it received a new set of premium boots, a new black oak dash, a new radiator and condenser and a complete new clutch, expertly fitted by Andi Willy. It was due to receive various other niceties but Sod’s law prevailed.
Hopefully one day he can rejoin the MGR fold but for the foreseeable future it’s gonna be a trusty Ford as an undercarriage.

A big hat off to George and his beloved MG ZT!!

(It falls back to me to convey himself around our “Green and Splendid”!)

Real walnut interior. Original refurbished Forked Spokes 16” with Michelin Primacy 4 rubber, Pioneer AVH-Z9200DAB double din Wi Fi phone integration. Retrofitted twin front horns. 160 re-map. Revotec fan. Silicone intercooler hoses and ‘O ring’ replacement. Top hose thermostat. New walnut and smokestone steering wheel with cruise upgrade. Brembo Brakes. Ceramic coated rear Exhaust. L/engine mount, Hydramount, Bosch MAF. Focal Access Drivers and Focal Amp.
Clickernick is offline   Reply With Quote