Thread: Number plates
View Single Post
Old 10th January 2019, 16:02   #6
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I should not really say this,but we have been driving on the continent for over 30 years and have never been stopped by plod over there. The only time I have spoken to plod was when we were going to Troyes with my brother in his MGB V8, which after passing through a toll in France, pulled over to visit the loo, and we had to carry on. He did not know where the hotel was because he had not got sat nav. We pulled over onto the hard shoulder,put my yellow vest on and popped the bonnet to pretend something was wrong. No sooner I had got out, there was plod. I explained that the engine had just cut out for no reason.Pulled a few wires and fiddled about generally,then said I would see if it started, it did of course. On your way old chap, or words to that effect from them, I think, and away we went with them following behind for a couple of miles. Brother caught us up and we went on our way.I think they are the same as plod over here. If it looks ok, it probably is.We also use a magnetic GB sticker on the boot lid.

Last edited by bl52krz; 10th January 2019 at 16:05..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote