View Single Post
Old 5th January 2022, 17:20   #36
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
I often wonder if some members here ever meet young people. I have been dealing with youngsters straight out of uni for many years. They have all been extremely competent, polite and a pleasure to have around as young/aspiring professionals. For the past 3 years I have worked with 16/17 year old students at college and apart from a few, the majority have been worldly wise. The best 1/3 of each year have worked extremely hard to achieve their absolute best including attending optional online lessons with myself during school holidays, evenings and so on.

I cannot say the same about all the grown ups that I come across. They all think they are worldly wise, they know everyone else's job better than the person doing the job, they are opinionated and generally anti-social. The worrying thing is that I belong to this age group!
I have a reasonable pool of folks in my family to use to try to get some sort of assessment.--From my wife and I downwards there are around 50 of us. ( That includes eight very young great. great grandchildren.

The slightly elder ones need to be surgically removed from phones and computers at meal times.-----

PS. Forgot to mention we have Chinese, Indian, Australian, African, English, Scots, Welsh and Eritreans in that lot.

( In-laws and Outlaws.---) Even some Northeners.

Last edited by COLVERT; 5th January 2022 at 17:30..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote