View Single Post
Old 28th April 2015, 17:11   #4
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Thanks T-Cut
I have done that and fan comes straight on, also goes on and off respectively if I toggle between Auto & Econ. Previously I did have the engine running for quite some time, probably with aircon on, fan ran similar speed to the above test, I tried to block off the grille to induce engine to heat up but temp gauge stayed steady on normal mid-point, no fan 2nd speed cycling. Presumably my resistor is ok but still not sure how to test to see whether speed 2 is working maybe leave engine running a bit higher than tickover for a while longer or wait till the weather gets hotter out here and go on a good solo run and then let it idle.

Given that since the two episodes of overheating I have driven probably 800 miles mainly on motorway pulling the van at speeds consistently around 60mph and at times higher up some fairly long uphill gradients pulling either up to 2000 rpm in 5th or to c2500 rpm in 4th without any problem. Maybe I was just too heavy right footed on the steep climbs!
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote