View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2020, 10:27   #7
sylvester
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Question Yet more Clutch stuff!

I have been considering doing something similar with my 75 which has air in the clutch hydraulics. I can use the car but have to keep pulling the pedal back up otherwise I haven't enough clutch to disengage properly.
I propose to use what I believe is a clutch bleed off - a stiff pipe with a nipple on the end which sits just in front of the battery.
I would use a technique I have used to bleed the brakes on my bike.
I start with a large syringe half fill with Dot 4 and connect to the bleed pipe using a suitable clear plastic tube. Next, squeeze air out of the tube so it is replaced with Dot 4 from the syringe. Next, open the nipple and similarly expel any air up the tube as above.
Then I get an assistant to sit in the car and slowly press the clutch pedal noting how much if (hopefully) any air bubbles appear. With the pedal fully depressed wait until all these ? bubbles have risen into the syringe then have my assistant slowly let up the pedal whilst applying pressure with the syringe plunger. Job complete, pedal back in position nip up the nipple and remove tubing etc.
Question is, fellow Forum users, will it work?
sylvester is offline   Reply With Quote