View Single Post
Old 18th December 2020, 12:12   #53
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
fiddling with the adjusters under the bonnet does nothing, so I am assuming that there is something up with them.
The adjusters are plastic cogs pressed onto a metal shaft which is prone to corrosion meaning the cogs no longer grip the shaft. Some have had success with glue but the cogs are nylon meaning a lot of glues won't take.

If glue doesn't work try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-M View Post
Not sure if you can get the cogs separately, but when the adjuster worked loose on mine I did a 'quick fix' using the inside of a cable terminal block like this...

You just need the inside of one connector, then cut it in half so you have a short hollow block with a single screw in it. Slip it over the end of the adjuster rod and then use a pair of pliers to pull the adjuster rod out of the back of the lamp until it's at the correct height (line the beam up against a wall and compare it with the other side). Once it's in the correct position tighted the screw so that the rod is held in place.

It's just about do-able single handed, but easier if you can get someone else to tighten up the screw while you keep the light in position.

BTW - The 'quick fix' is still there 6 momths later!
PS: lasts a lot longer than 6 months!

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 18th December 2020 at 12:33..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote